We are an informal, non-profit, volunteer-run organization that promotes training, fitness, and friendship through running and walking. Our group is based in Waxahachie, Texas but welcome people from the surrounding Ellis County area.
The WRC mission is to:
Promote a healthier lifestyle through running and walking by supporting our members and the community and providing opportunities for training, racing, socializing, and volunteering.
We are a friendly, family-oriented group that welcomes all ages, shapes, sizes and skill levels; from beginners in our Couch to 5k Training program up to competitive, ultra-marathoners and trail-runners. Our goal is to bring runners and walkers together encouraging safe, friendly fun-runs. We want to help you find other people with the same interest in walking, jogging & running. Hopefully you will find someone to train with and keep you motivated! We usually have several groups of runners meeting on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings to do long runs around the area.
We don't care if you've completed your tenth marathon or you are just starting out and can barely complete one mile. Come join the fun!
* Volunteer non-profit running group
* Meet new people and have fun
* All ages and paces are welcome (beginners to experts)
* Train for a full or half marathon or just easy social runs
* Build speed, strength and endurance
* Varied workouts - long runs, hills, track & tempo
* Run in and around Waxahachie area
* Train and travel to destination races
* Social events, happy hours and group outings
* Discounts for shoes & gear
"Do something today that your future self will be proud of!" - Russell Williams